Wednesday, March 25, 2009

My first knitting blog post





I'm jumping into the blogosphere with this first post.  I've enjoyed reading the blogs of others; maybe someone somewhere will enjoy reading mine.

I've got too many WIPs and UFOs to list in my first post (the truth is I'm embarrassed by how many there are.)  So I will just describe the two projects in my current rotation.  Oddly, they are both projects for my DH.

The first is a sock.  Of course, right now it is just one sock; I hope there will be another some day.  I'm knitting it with Araucania Ranco in color 107 - a nice variegated grey.  Just a plain sock, but it is knitting up into a nice fabric.

The second is a scarf, knitted with Kraemer Yarn's Vintage 2006 100% North American Alpaca DK.  The body of the scarf, which is complete, is in a heathery gray in a moss stitch variation.  It is very pretty but a bit scratchier than I was hoping for.  The edging is an openwork pattern in the same yarn in black.  I'm almost done with the edging; then just have to sew it on, and I'm done.  Then the big decision:  should I start a new project, or should I work on another UFO?


No comments:

Post a Comment